BEYOND excited to be planning your wedding but feeling thoroughly fed up thanks to pesky Coronavirus and lockdown 3.0? Well, the good news is, you are reading this because you’re on my Waiting List for an appointment – YIPEEEE. As soon as restrictions lift, I will be swinging open my bridal boutique doors to help you find THE one. BUT, until then, I thought I’d help you feel one step closer to finding your dream wedding dress and arm you with info so when restrictions lift and it’s time for your bridal appointment, you feel more prepared.
I’m sure you have a Pinterest board bursting at the seams with wedding dresses but will they suit your body shape? Well, wonder no more! This is a little guide that helps match wedding dresses from my oh-so beautiful 2021 collection with different body shapes to ensure you’re choosing a style that will flatter!
If you have a full bust that is closely proportionate to the size of your hips and have a small waist with luscious curves then you are one of the lucky girls that have an hourglass figure. The perfect wedding dress for your figure will have the following features:
- A wedding dress designed to flatter and accentuate your natural curves.
- A relaxed fit-and-flare wedding dress is also a gorgeous option for hourglass brides.
- If a ball gown wedding dress entices you, opt for a structured bodice and full skirt to cinch in your waist and enhance your flattering features.
- A sweetheart or portrait neckline complements your feminine shape, especially when paired with a fit-and-flare silhouette.
- Avoid loose-fitting sheath styles that tend to drown out your figure.
These are some of the gorgeous gowns that I’ve picked as the perfect pairing with an hour-glass figure!
A pear-shaped body type is the most common body type among women. Brides with pear-shaped figures have a smaller upper torso and larger bottom half. Your hips will be wider than your upper torso giving you a wide range of silhouettes to choose from. The features of your perfect wedding dress are:
- An A-line or ball gown wedding dress looks great on most body types, but I think they look especially dreamy on a pear-shaped figure
- Focus on the bodice: embellishments and details to help accentuate your waistline
- If you would like, flaunt your bottom assets with a fit-and-flare wedding gown in a chic and comfy fabric.
My beautiful bridal collection for pear-shaped figures:
Tall & slender ladies have slim hips and shoulders with long legs. Women with this body type are taller than most, with fewer curves. When it comes to choosing your perfect wedding dress:
- Focus on elegant details and a pretty silhouette.
- Play up your height with an elegant sheath wedding gown. You’ll look gorgeous!
- To downplay your height, stay clear of empire waists; opt for wedding dresses with a low waist; such as a fit-&-flare to lend focus to your curves.
The following dresses in the boutique will enhance your tall and slender silhouette:
If you have a modest bust, your wedding day is one of those occasions when you can make the most of it as you can get away with an array of beautiful flattering wedding gowns. Find the perfect wedding dress for you:
- Add structure and form in strategic places. For example, ruching, wrapping and embellishment help enhance and add visual interest to your bodice and neckline.
- Consider that instead of trying to make your breasts look larger, you could wear something only a small-busted bride can; a deep plunging V-neck and low back! This is actually a huge advantage as you can carry off some of the trendiest styles effortlessly.
These beautiful wedding gowns available in the boutique will help enhance your body type and be the perfect silhouette
If you are a bride with a bigger bust and narrow hips and legs the following tips will make you feel comfortable on your big day;
- Styles with wider straps or sleeves help to support your chest
- A sweetheart, portrait or bateau neckline, or even an off-the-shoulder look can hide a strapless bra and flatter your natural curves
- Opt for a gown with a higher back or illusion. These styles can use a bra and also provide extra support.
Shown below is my beautiful bridal collection of wedding dresses available in the boutique flatter full-chested figures.
To view my entire 2021 collection, please click here.
I hope this helps to add some clarity to the dresses you’re swooning over on Instagram and furiously pinning to Pinterest! Obviously, this is just a guide and until you try them on, you’re not really going to know but I hope it gives you some inspiration to keep you going until our real life appointment which I hope will be very soon!
If you have any questions or would like to book a virtual appointment to discuss a dress or dresses in more detail, please email me – firstname.lastname@example.org.
With lots of love,