What we are all going through is unprecedented but be reassured I have firm plans in place to make sure your bridal journey runs as smoothly as it can during this very uncertain time.
As I see it, I have three types of bride at various stages of their dress journey –
1. Brides who have postponed their wedding
- I am so sorry to every one of you who has had to postpone or cancel your wedding because of Covid-19, it’s absolutely heartbreaking BUT your dream day can still go ahead just on a different date. Until you know more, I will keep your dress free of charge in my brand new storage room for however long it needs to be kept there.
2. Brides who plan to get married later this year or 2021
- Please be assured your dress is still scheduled to arrive at whatever month I originally quoted. Production of gowns has not been affected and you will get your dress! The way you see your dress for the first time however is going to be challenging. Guidelines are changing daily but as it stands social distancing is being advised and touching is certainly not advised. Trying on your gown is an intimate process and we are in a small space together in the changing room. We also know the virus can live on fabrics for a number of hours. With this in mind any brides with gowns arriving in the forthcoming weeks and months will be given a couple of options –
- 1. Defer the arrival of your gown which also means you will have an extension on paying for the gown which you may need
- 2. If you really want the gown to be delivered to the boutique as soon as it’s ready, rather than offering a personal face-to-face appointment, I can offer a virtual/digital appointment. I will come into the boutique to show you the gown over FaceTime, What’s App, Skype etc. At this stage, you will then need to settle the outstanding balance by BACS payment or over the phone and then I will store the dress until such time that we are advised we can freely go about our daily lives and you can come and try it on at the boutique. For a full breakdown of your dress journey, please click here.
3. Newly engaged
- This group of girls are hopefully still remaining upbeat about their weddings probably due to marry next year and may have a pre-booked appointment to try gowns on in the forth coming weeks. I intend to close as of today, Saturday 21st March for 3 weeks which takes us to Easter Saturday. This of course is subject to change. None of us know what advice we will receive between now and then but for those of you with appointments booked I will keep in contact.
Finally, I would like say a MASSIVE thank you for all your support. Girls, we will get through this and you will get your big day to look amazing in your gown. I will remain contactable by phone, email, social media as normal if you want a chat or a virtual hug.
Big love to you all,